21 Sep How to Frame Your A4 Art Print Without Breaking The Bank
Today I thought I would share my top picks for low-cost but good looking frames for your A4 prints, because there is nothing worse than buying a print you love, then wondering if the framing might cost more than the print itself!
Every Brave+ Brogue A4 print fits into either an A4 certificate frame, or a frame that is matted down to 20cm x 25cm. My preference is always to use a frame with a mat board as this increases the size and presence of the finished piece.
I have one all time favourite frame that I have bought for myself and for gifts from The Warehouse which is sturdy, aesthetically pleasing and gives an A4 print a great presence; the
Home & You Frame Horizon White 11cm x 14cm (8in x 10in) for $15. (Confusingly an almost identical frame is the Design House Frame Horizon White 11cm x 14cm (8in x 10in) – so take your pick!)
The other one that I love that is of a slightly lesser quality, is the Roberta Frame from Kmart* for $10. This one has a great slim, angled white frame, with a double mat board which adds a nice quality feel to the finished product. The frame itself isn’t as solid as the Warehouse one above, but on the wall this looks great.
Those are my top picks for affordable white frames, but there are a few more in different colours that you might want to check out.
All of these frames fit any Brave + Brogue print. In no particular order they are…
- Design House Frame Vue Black 20cm x 25cm (8in x 10in) – The Warehouse – $25
- Design House Horizon Frame Black 11in x 14in Mat (8in x 10in) – The Warehouse – $15
- Marseille Photo Frame – 8in. x 10in. (20cm x 25cm), Sandstone – Kmart – $12
- Marseille Photo Frame – 8in. x 10in. (20cm x 25cm), Mocha – Kmart – $12
- Zurich Frame – 8in. x 10in. (20cm x 25cm), Oak – Kmart – $10
- Roberta Frame – 8in. x 10in. (20cm x 25cm), Oak – Kmart – $10
*None of the Kmart frames can be purchased online in New Zealand… yet! So you will need to go to your local Kmart store to buy them.